Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Chugging along...

Writer's note: I apologize for the rambling nature of this post, but without having much time I haven't been able to sit down and hammer out a good topic. I promise I'll pick it up!

So I've managed to squeeze in a bit of WildStar time in between massive departmental shifts at work and my WoW raid team working to down Garrosh. I've successfully raised Laffable the affable Esper to level 15 and have begun to reap the rewards of WildStar's robust housing system.

Let me pause for a moment to say this: screw you, Carbine. How am I supposed to make time for leveling and interior decorating? It simply cannot be done!

Ahem, pardon me.

I've been enjoying the Esper still, though at times I do get the itch to be a bit more mobile. The trade-off is, of course, their hefty damage, but I haven't yet really tooled around with the class enough to discover how best to handle enemies. It also seems to me that WildStar falls into some predictable early patterns that are mimicked in many modern MMO's: early on, most classes aren't too distinguished in terms of their output/intake. Now, of course a Warrior will take a few more blows than my squishy little mind-bender, and I don't have the stealth mechanic of a Stalker, but by and large the damage seems to be pretty comparable. I believe that once I have access to more of the AMPs and a variety of heals/CC's, I'll start to feel a bit more of a special snowflake. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more of what the Esper can do as I move forward into group content, as I definitely think that would put on display how each class handles themselves differently.


Speaking of group content, keep your eyes peeled this weekend when I give Adventures (and, depending on my leveling, dungeons) a shot. I've heard some mixed reviews, mostly due to the difficulty that exists. Sounds like people are still trying to get a feel for interrupts and telegraphs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment